Created 6-Jun-11
Modified 6-Jun-11
Visitors 25
34 photos
The Railroad Museum of New England has been operating The Naugatuck Railroad since 1996.

The original Naugatuck Railroad opened the line in 1849, and in 1906 merged with The New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad. On Jan 1, 1969 , Penn Central took over.
Connecticut purchased the line in 1976, and Conrail was the operator. From 1982 to 1995 Boston & Maine ran the line prior to The RMNE creating a new Naugatuck Railroad.

The RMNE/NAUG website is a well designed site that will discuss more about the railroad:
http://rmne.org/

Categories & Keywords
Category:Transportation
Subcategory:Trains
Subcategory Detail:
Keywords:

Thomaston Dam (1 of 6)Thomaston Dam (2 of 6)Thomaston Dam (3 of 6)Thomaston Dam (4 of 6)Thomaston Dam (5 of 6)Thomaston Dam (6 of 6)Approaching "PLUME""PLUME"Thomaston StationRailroad Museum of New England2019 posed with a pickupBeautiful pose at Thomaston StationVintage LookReynolds Bridge (1 of 2)Reynolds Bridge (2 of 2)Along Waterbury RoadI'll take an FL9 pleaseCoach at Frost Bridge Road2019 at Frost Bridge Road (1 of 3)2019 at Frost Bridge Road (2 of 3)